"As the youngest winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, it’s difficult to think of who could inspire Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani education advocate who has become a global icon for girls’ education. But there’s one teen girl who inspires her.
At 18 years old, Anoyara Khatun from India’s West Bengal has helped reunite more than 180 trafficked children with their families, prevented 35 child marriages, rescued 85 children from the clutches of child labor and registered 200 students into schools, according to the Malala Fund."
While the discussions surrounding Ferguson have been fraught with tension, they have also provided opportunity for a much-needed national conversation about race, specifically regarding the black experience. The Atlantic has come up with a provocative thought experiment to illustrate these underlying sociocultural issues: “What if black America were a country?”
It’s that time again!
Here’s the scoop:
• follow us➡ omniastudios. Must be a follower to be eligible.
• REBLOG this post, do not delete original text.
• NO giveaway only blogs and only reblog ONCE PER DAY.
• Winner receives one sterling silver Celestial Lunar Oracle ring in their size, valued at $270 USD.
• Giveaway ends October 13th, 2014.
Winner will be chosen at random using random.org and announced on October 14th.
• Must be 18 years old or have parent/guardian permission to enter.
• This giveaway is not affiliated with or sponsored by Tumblr.